Features for GTA: Chinatown Wars for the DS
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars has the potential of being one of the best games to come out for the Nintendo DS. Obviously, the fact that RockStar North is one of the developers working on it, it should be decent. However up to this point, information has been scarce. But thanks to nintendoeverything who translated a spanish magazine, we finally have some features included in the sandbox portable game.
The game main plot looks to focus on drugs and includes many different drug deal ‘mini-games,’ which we already knew. However, it looks to be more about that then we previously thought.
Another cool, yet gimmicky aspect part of the game is to whistle for a cap. That’s right, you literally whistle in the DS’s microphone to hail down a taxi. Kinda neat, but really sucks for people who can’t whistle — and no not me, but I do know a FEW people who still can’t. Check out everything after the jump.
“- Camera can swivel 360 degrees
- Trains will pass overhead in the city, cars will circle, pedestrians will be walking, etc.
- GPS seen on the touch screen while you move through the city
- PDA allows you to gain access to the map with more details as well as the goals of missions
- You can mark points that you want and the GPS will always tell you the shortest legal route to the destination with yellow or blue arrows
- New discoveries (such as gas stations) are added to the map
- Top screen brings you all the action, while the lower screen will let you control elements like the PDA, GPS, the radio, access to the people on the map, or using Motolov cocktails and grenades.
- Drugs have a big importance in the game
- Drug system can be compared to Drugwars
- You have to control the stock of drugs, buy them in one neighborhood and sell them in another – Good way to make money in the game
- You are given a map so that you know what people demand and at what prices
- Like other GTA games, in Chinatown Wars, you can catch a taxi – whistle into the microphone so the taxi will stop”